Sunday 17 May 2015

Hurray my first ever Blog!!

Hello to all new and future readers!!!


I have decided to start this blog because I have recently inherited a fantastic stamp collection!! Its full of interesting stamps from the world over. From China to Britain, Italy to Canada and Spain to Australia there is a stamp here to interest even the most knowledgeable philatelist!!

But that's just it, before I inherited the stamp collection I had only on a number of occasions handled one. Yes I had in the past, and as I suspect like everyone else has, dipped into a book of 1st class stamps to send the usual every day mail, such as is necessary when sending the odd birthday and Christmas cards to friends and loved ones. I had, though never considered that one day I would be faced with managing and looking after a collection that starts with the Penny Black.

So here I am at the beginning of my journey. I intend to catalogue what I have, in pictures and in words and in doing so share the collection with you. Hopefully I will be able to attract amateur and knowledgeable philatelists, cause inspiration to investigate, explore history, geography and stir a lot of curiosity.

Happy reading... I think we shall start in China...

No comments:

Post a Comment